Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dogs and Cat toys

I've always considered myself very lucky when it comes to my dog. Mind you, he is a bit simple minded, and can't do much more than sit...but he's never chewed any shoes or furniture. Even when we first got him, he was soooo easy to train. I think we had one little accident on the floor, amybe 2, but no more.

A few month agao I bought a really cool homemade cat toy from the flea market. It was a 2 foot long wooden stick with a 6 foot long, one inch thick pink strip on flannel on the end. You wave the stick and the cats go crazy...great toy.

It was a great toy until the dog ate it. Almost all of the 6 feet of flannel. He left about 4 inches, making the toy unusable. And the dog did vomit the flannel.

But it could've been much worse. I think we came out very lucky. I now make sure all cat toys are put out of the dogs reach. For a good dog that doesn't chew on anything, I've never had a problem before this, but I will do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again!

No comments: